Jan 10, 2011

Angelique Munro- "Labels" are for clothing!


I am a Motivational Speaker and Educator/ Actress / Writer / Promotional Hostess and above all a Trans Woman. I was born as an only child on 5-27-70 in Chicago, IL.
 I always knew as a child that I was meant to be a girl. I've always felt a hole of emptiness inside me because I was born a female with male parts. As young as I can remember, I dressed up in private in my bedroom using bed sheets as dresses and a T-shirt or a towel as hair. I remember visiting my Aunt June's house, where I would put on her high heels and dresses and played with Barbie dolls with my cousin Tina. All I knew was that it made me feel glamorous and it was an escape from my reality.

It wasn't until the age 35 and the death of my Mother on 1-13-06 when she lost her battle to Lung/Brain Cancer. I loved her and I miss her so much. She was the world to me!
It was that time that I was finally set free from my Male persona! I started therapy and hormones. Although, I've lost many friends and family members along this transition, I am learning that actions speak louder than words and I cherish the ones who truly love me for what I am and not for what they want me to be!
For years I've been battling with major depression. My life has been a struggle ever since I was a child. I've survived emotional, sexual, mental and physical abuse. It's been a long, rough and hard road and but it’s all behind and I am finally in control of myself and embrace every single moment of it. I dare to speak out loud and declare my happiness. I’m a woman and I love myself!
I am now however looking to pursue my professional acting career and make a difference in people's eyes. I want them to drop the label and look at me and treat me as I was meant to be a ‘woman’ and not just another transsexual. Besides "Labels" are for clothing!
I love to write and have been working on a book about my biography, as I believe that it is important to tell my story and let people know that there is hope to overcome issues such as gender identity and child abuse.
Since 2009, I have been going to different Colleges and Universities representing Trans Gender Community Male to Female (MtF) by lecturing, being apart of a panel to Educate the audience which are Doctors, Social Workers and Students.

My Drag biography
1. Angelique most recently was on The Tyra Banks Show in LA As one of Tyra's "Fashion Drag Force " Make-Over team members. Show Title is " Fix it or Flaunt it part II "
2.  Radio debut on Windy City Radio WCKG, 105.9 FM.
3. The Ricki Lake Show: "Surprise, I am a Drag Queen"
4. E! Entertainment Televisions; "Wild on the Windy City" during one of her performances at The Mashed Potato Club.
5. She has entertained through out the Chicagoland area: The Baton, Sidetrack, Mary's Attic, Hydrate, Circuit, The Edge, The Kit Kat Club, Temptations, Roscoe's, Spin, The Mashed Potato Club, Nutbush, Hideaway, InnExile, @mosphere, Jackhammer, 115 Bourbon Street, and Charlie's.
6. Outside the Chicago: Wisconsin, Ohio, Clinton Iowa, LA, New York, Cedar Rapids Iowa, Mich. City In., East St. L
ouis, and Las Vegas.

In addition to being a stage performer, Angelique has been an active leader in her fund-raising efforts for HIV/AIDS and Awareness.
She has also been the Promotional Spokesperson for Alize, Absolut, Vox, Bacardi, Pucker, Bud Light, Southern Comfort and Representative Model for Perrier Jouet Champagne.

 ANGELIQUE MUNRO'S 2011 PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
1. Wednesday January 19th, 2011
@ PARLOUR
6341 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL
773-564-9274773-564-9274
Showtime 10pm

2. Friday January 21st,  2011
@ Maneuvers
118 E. Jefferson St.,
Joliet, IL 60432
(815) 727-7069(815) 727-7069
Show time 11:30 PM

3. Monday Feb 14th, 2011
@ Wilmette Theatre @ 7:30pm
LOVE IS A MANY GENDERED THING!
A Valentine's Day is a "Drag" Show!

Come celebrate Valentine's Day at the Wilmette Theatre with our "Love is a Many Gendered Thing" Drag Show! All of the performers are veterans of female illusion and have delighted audiences throughout Chicagoland and beyond! Hosted by hilarious comedian Cameron Esposito!

Perfect for singles, couples
Tickets $15 advance, $18 at door.
21 and over, beer and wine will be sold.
Buy Tickets 
http://www.wilmettetheatre.com/

4. Friday March 4th, 2011
@ 115 Bourbon Street
Showtime 10 PM

5. Saturday March 5th, 2011
@ The Odeon Clinton, Iowa
Showtime 10PM
If you would like me to perform in your town or for any booking info, please me email at: angeliquemunro@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comment is appreciated