Mar 31, 2011

Carrie Poulsen "The Big Brown House"

My name is Carrie. I grew up in Los Angeles, California, but now live in Salt Lake City, Utah. Many years ago I studied graphic design and art history, but have spent most of my adult life raising three children and casually exploring different art and craft processes with them along the way. I spent years making quilts and sewing clothing, learning papermaking and bookbinding. In the past few years, I've made the time to get serious again about creating, and have found myself drawn to to creating with recycled materials, especially creating felt out of cast-off wool sweaters. I've had a great time participating in local craft shows, and sell on Etsy under the name bigbrownhouse. I'm inspired by stories, especially the stories merely suggested by old and well-used objects. I like mystery. But I also like bright, unapologetic color.
You can find her at:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bigbrownhouse
http://bigbrownhouse.tumblr.com/

5 comments:

  1. That quilt is gorgeous, so lovin' those bright, happy colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright, happy shop! I love the garlands, they're so whimsical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love her work too and especially this blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all...and especially thanks Elsa for featuring my shop! If you're interested, you can follow me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Big-Brown-House/174958492555692

    ReplyDelete
  5. very happy shop, thanks for sharing it:)

    ReplyDelete

your comment is appreciated