Oct 17, 2011

Susi Triantafyllis with Aegean Sea and handcrafted supplies





I was born in Southeast Texas. While attending the University, I met the man who would take me across the Atlantic Ocean to begin a new life in a foreign land! I've lived in northern Greece for 34 years with my Greek husband & two sons. I am the proud owner of three shops. I first opened my #1 Etsy shop in May of 2007.
I enjoy spending time with family & friends, traveling, snorkeling, beach combing, and browsing the crafts and creations of other artists.

Currently, http://www.aegeansea.etsy.com is my focal area, filled with eco paper beads that are hand-rolled in the traditional method & greeting cards suitable for all occasions. I opened http://www.SuppliesHandcrafted.etsy.com for handmade Supplies and it is being filled with new Paper Beads, Fabric Inchies & a variety of Handmade Supplies. My vintage shop http://www.EuropeanFlingVintage.com , is being re-stocked w/unique Vintage Treasures, so check back there soon. I love browsing the markets for that perfect find!

Custom orders are a major factor in my business. Eco Paper Beads & Organic Palm Frond Beads, Original Collage Art & Prints, Mixed Media Artworks, Beach Art, Paper Bag Scrapbook Albums - customized & generic, Greetings Cards, Invites, & Announcements, Tags for your gifts or items, Embellished Gift Favor Bags & Handmade Gift Bows are all possibilities for the Clients in search of Custom Creations. I specialize in bows created from vintage magazine pages, embellishments for scrapbooking, gifts, decor, any crafts that are made from paper, found objects, card stock or seashells, & fabric favor bags.

I draw inspiration from the beauty & history that surrounds me daily, both in Greece, the awesome country I reside in, as well as from my childhood years spent in the USA. Growing up on the Gulf Coast of Texas, I am a"mermaid" at heart. I love the salty air, the sounds of the waves, the sand in between my toes. You can take the girl out of Texas, but can't take Texas out of the girl! You just have to hear my accent & you will know where I am from.

Nature is a great source of inspiration for my creations. Taking long walks along the Aegean Sea shoreline, is a necessity to my physical & emotional well being. Beach combing for shells & found objects is a great natural resource for many of my beach art & mixed media creations. The blues, greens, reds, yellows & purples of nature are colors that I use regularly in my artwork.



Find her at:

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely feature! It's been great getting to know more about Susi!
    I love her work, and I enjoyed reading more about her life and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her too! I'm so glad to present her work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great creations!!! Well Done Susy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

your comment is appreciated